Call for testing empathy

Markus Hitter mah at jump-ing.de
Thu Aug 14 17:19:16 UTC 2008

Am 14.08.2008 um 17:03 schrieb Luke L:

> Here's my other thought: I personally don't have Intrepid to test
> this software out. Hardy doesn't have a functioning version
> (without going into PPA and manual setup, which is not what most
> people will do). Jumping straight into having it replace Pidgin
> might be hasty. Consider getting a stable program in the OS for a
> release before making it default.

Very good idea. Get it integrated into Ubuntu properly for some time,
_then_ make it the prominent default tool.

This way you can put Empathy on the public schedule for Intrepid+1
(+2?) and add a note there:

"If you want to test or use this app now, apt-get it into your
current Ubuntu."

This likely helps to settle Empathy's integration and getting it a
lot more testing before it's meant to give those important first
impressions of Ubuntu.

my $0.02,
MarKus

Dipl. Ing. Markus Hitter