Call for testing empathy

Dane Mutters dmutters at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 18:26:56 UTC 2008

Hello.

I've been following along with this empathy discussion, and for my own
testing purposes have made some hardy packages for empathy (and all its
deps that aren't found in the repos).  I would like to upload them to my
ppa so that others who would like to test empathy can do so.  I have a
problem, however.  Whenever I try to upload them, I get this error:

dane at Orchestrator:~/Empathy$ dput danes-ppa
empathy_2.23.6-1_amd64.changes
Checking Signature on .changes
gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.
gpg: the signature could not be verified.
Please remember that the signature file (.sig or .asc)
should be the first file given on the command line.
No signature on /home/dane/Empathy/empathy_2.23.6-1_amd64.changes.

I have followed the ppa instructions on https://help.launchpad.net/PPA ,
but I'm still not having any success.  I was sure to sign the packages
as I made them, using the "debuild -S -k<mypublickey>" command.  Hers's
my ~/dput.cf file:

[danes-ppa]
fqdn = ppa.launchpad.net
method = ftp
incoming = ~dmutters/ubuntu/
login = anonymous
allow_unsigned_uploads = 0

Please, if possible, tell me what I'm doing wrong so that I can make my
work available to others.

Thanks.

--Dane