unzip wrong character in some multibyte environment

Hideki Yamane henrich at debian.or.jp
Mon Aug 4 20:46:40 UTC 2008

Hi Santiago,

On Mon, 4 Aug 2008 15:07:32 +0200 (CEST)
Santiago Vila <sanvila at unex.es> wrote:
> I'm not very happy with this merge. Have you verified that the Ubuntu
> patch fixes all the reported symptoms in the four bugs?

 Um, sorry. But reported bugs seem to be same issue.
 I'm not an expert for programming, so I'm happy that if you would talk
 about this issue with Ubuntu unzip maintainers (so I do CC'ed this mail) .

 We -at least CJK and Russian users- very, very want solve those issues
 even if upstream do not act against this.

 Yes, modifies in Debian should be small as we can, maintainers should do
 that, but also maintainers should act as "Our priorities are our users
 and free software"... yes, "users"! see http://www.debian.org/social_contract

 Hey, unzip maintainer in Ubuntu Core Developers, please see Debian those bugs

 and tell us how do you solve those issues, and make small patches for
 Debian if you can. I think upstream -including Debian- bug should be
 patched. It makes users happy.

--
Regards,

 Hideki Yamane     henrich @ debian.or.jp/iijmio-mail.jp