Disappointed with Ubuntu Server, could be used by such a wider audience

(=?utf-8?q?=60=60-=5F-=C2=B4=C2=B4?=) -- Fernando ubuntu at bugabundo.net
Sat Aug 2 16:29:45 UTC 2008

Olá Anthony e a todos.

On Thursday 31 July 2008 02:14:06 Anthony Watters wrote:
> Preconfigure the thing, give it a GUI web admin, make it easy for someone to set up a Web server/Webmail/File server either in server only mode or server and gateway mode. All I should need to set up is a couple of users, provide the IP address and say whether I want RAID and maybe how I want the partitions configured (but with suggested recommendations along the way at every step).

Running the risk of being sent to /dev/null by many of the members of this list, but why not improve something like webmin?
It works for me, when configuring Postfix and Dovecot.

Sure its not the safest software around (I once mess up my rc levels, but thats mostly my fault not the software), but it can certainly ease or reduce the barrier entrance for this use case..

--
BUGabundo  :o)
(``-_-´´)	http://Ubuntu.BUGabundo.net