Printing does not work in 8.04

Thomas Novin thnov at xyz.pp.se
Mon Apr 28 08:46:58 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-04-27 at 09:44 -0600, Conrad Knauer wrote:
> FWIW, I just tested my Samsung ML-2510 and had no problems whatsoever;
> it 'just worked' when I switched it on.
>
> Also, http://localhost:631 seems to work just fine.

This works fine for me too now. Maybe a reboot fixed the problem, maybe my manual installation of libpam-smbpass.

> Thomas: out of curiosity, what make/model printer are you using that
> gave that error?

EPSON EPL-5900.

> Thomas, Milosz: could you both test with a Hardy Live CD and see if
> its repeatable there?

No, not repeatable on the Live CD. There my printer was automatically installed and when I tried to print a test page it immediately printed it.

Rgds

--
Thomas Novin <thnov at xyz.pp.se>
GPG key: http://xyz.pp.se/~thnov/gpg.asc