Upgrading Hardy Heron 8.04 Beta to Linux kernel .16 breaks it; it won't boot.

Henrik Johansson dahankzter at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 05:30:48 UTC 2008

Hi,

Do you have a TV card?

I have a TV card and i think this is why it fails. If you try to boot
one of the newer kernels 15 or 16 in recovery mode you may see some
hints about it being the TV card. I get a full stop right after some
messages about Hauppauge and modprobe exiting abnormally.

I do believe there is a bug filed already concerning this but i am not
sure of its status.

I have to use kernel 14 to boot at all now which while it is not a
disaster its not really cool.

/ Hank