hardy release freeze, coming soon to an archive near you

Steve Langasek steve.langasek at ubuntu.com
Thu Apr 10 20:59:16 UTC 2008

Ciao Vincenzo,

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 12:54:32AM +0200, Vincenzo Ciancia wrote:

> Il giorno mer, 09/04/2008 alle 12.36 -0700, Steve Langasek ha scritto:
> > Hi Wouter,

> May I suggest and motivate the following three:

> https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/190968

> because it will break networking for people who upgrade and, not even
> knowing why, you can't evaluate the impact of the bug (it could be
> thousands of people who *will* be angry with ubuntu after upgrade and
> not without a reason)

It's my understanding that iwlwifi 1.2.0 is the version we need to include
in linux-ubuntu-modules for reasons of Centrino certification.  I see that
the version in linux-backports-modules appears to fix the problem for you;
do you think this is an adequate solution?

> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-video-intel/+bug/137234

> because it always worked before gutsy, and it is a pity that when I go
> around the world at conferences, instead of showing my shiny ubuntu
> desktop and make good publicity to it, I have to say that ubuntu breaks
> my vgaout hence I want someone else's laptop (no, I don't reboot in
> windows, that would be too bad publicity for myself :) ).

Thanks, I've asked one of the X developers to follow up with you on this.

> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/poppler/+bug/150187

> because it's a plain shame, and because I was told, before gutsy, that I
> started testing too late and so I could not ask to have it fixed for
> gutsy, and my heart still bleeds for that comment, and because the most
> likely environment to use ubuntu is academia, and in academia you do
> print a lot of pdf files. And, also, because my heart still bleeds, so
> please fix my heart.

This bug is already tracked under the ubuntu-8.04 milestone, but it appears
that resolving it is contingent on upstream being able to identify the fix
in time.

Cheers,