Massive breakage on my system with April 1st updates

Conrad Knauer atheoi at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 01:25:28 UTC 2008

On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 6:58 PM, Conrad Knauer <atheoi at gmail.com> wrote:

>  I have virtualbox-ose-modules-generic installed, which just upgraded
>  its latest version depends on virtualbox-ose-modules-2.6.24-13-generic
>  which in turn depends on linux-image-2.6.24-13-generic

Uninstalled those...

>  >  I haven't seen any problems with GNOME theme settings.  This may be
>  >  related, or may be a real bug - it's difficult to tell.
>
> I will attempt to revert some of the recent changes to see what might
>  have caused the problem.

Turns out that was a red herring; I just had to select the Human theme
and I got my look-and-feel back.  Compiz was as simple as re-enabling
it.  I guess when the new kernel was run without the extra modules and
compiz didn't work, it switched back to basic metacity settings.

All's well that ends well though.  Sorry to trouble the group! :)

CK