That need to close bugs?

Reinhard Tartler siretart at ubuntu.com
Tue Sep 18 08:11:49 UTC 2007

Sarah Hobbs <hobbsee at kubuntu.org> writes:

> As one of those who triages various KDE bugs...in the area of KDEBase,
> in particular, there are around 450 open bugs, we *have* to close
> invalid bugs.  There are around 750, with the INVALID and WONTFIX bugs
> included.

Please correct me, but I suspect that when you mean "we have to close
invalid bugs", I think you actually mean "we need to filter out those
incomplete bugs which we don't have the ressources for investiagting
further from 'our' 'default' bug listings". (YMMV of course what is
"your default" bug listing.

I think tags could help you here, right?

> There is simply no way to deal with the current lot of open bugs, to get
> an overview of them all, let alone having the invalid ones in there -
> the problem gets too great, and you can't solve any of it (and become
> very demotivated in the process).

I agree that you that handling packages with tons of bugs is a real
pain. Perhaps the launchpad artists have ideas how to solve this in an
elegant fashion?

--
Gruesse/greetings,
Reinhard Tartler, KeyID 945348A4