exit after making strace

shirish shirishag75 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 12:34:29 UTC 2007

 Hi all,
        Yesterday the first time I did an strace on a program. The
program concerned is/was bulletproof -x which is maintained by Michael
Vogt. For doing so I did :-

sudo -s

then I followed the instructions as given in
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Strace and it crashed after sometime as given
in https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/displayconfig-gtk/+bug/137541
. Now my problem is I tried doing an exit, and instead of exiting it
went out giving garbage. It was as if perhaps strace didn't end or
something. As a user the only sane thing I did was to close the shell.
Now I dunno if its a bug in strace or something. Anybody has any ideas
if it was something simple I should have done/known in such
circumstances or what it could be.
       Any guidance either on-list or off-list would be appreciable.
If some more input or somethings have to be tried out, please lemme
know, I'm game.

Regards
--
          Shirish Agarwal

065C 6D79 A68C E7EA 52B3  8D70 950D 53FB 729A 8B17