Grouping preferences/Administration items?

Chris Warburton chriswarbo at googlemail.com
Sun Oct 28 16:02:08 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-10-28 at 14:48 +0100, Milan wrote:
> What we could do is moving some items to a System Tools submenu in
> Applications if there are enough tools that can go there (I don't think
> it's true at the moment).

If I recall the System Tools menu in Applications was seen as redundant
and confusing (since there is a whole menu called "System" anyway, at
least in Ubuntu since I have seen it called "Desktop" elsewhere) and
over the past few GNOME releases there was a big push to move everything
out of System Tools and therefore get rid of the System Tools menu
completely (although it does still appear if some extra software is
installed, for instance starting nested X servers)

Thanks,
Chris Warburton