A tricky situation in malone bug 60995

Martin Olsson mnemo at minimum.se
Mon Oct 22 00:45:16 UTC 2007

Scott Kitterman wrote:
> On Sunday 21 October 2007 14:08, Martin Olsson wrote:
>
>> And to justify this crippled BACKSPACE key you still would have to
>> explain why this is not a problem on Windows ("the main platform of
>> ignorant computer users")? Why is it that Firefox on Windows still has
>> this "really serious data loss problem"? Maybe it's because if someone
>> made a change like this in Firefox on Windows people would be converting
>> back IE "en masse". Of course, this is Linux so people don't have a
>> choice (unless they want to go proprietary and use Opera).
>>
> No.  The fact that it is a problem is sufficient.

To some extent this is a "color of the bikeshed" (*) kind of issue, so
it's important to end it once the most important arguments had been laid
out. For my part, I've made all the points I wanted to make around this
issue so this will be my last post on this thread before some actual
progress is made. A big thanks to all the people that helped clarify the
arguments on both sides. I certainly hope that TB will review this
issue, but in the end it's their call of course.

(*) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bikeshed

		Martin