You devs rock. Thanks for your work.

Martin Olsson mnemo at minimum.se
Sun Oct 21 06:46:00 UTC 2007

I also think Ubuntu is improving at an tremendously phenomenal rate.
When I bought my laptop in june, Ubuntu couldn't even boot (it was stuck
in busybox). Then they fixed that bug but there was a problem with X.org
not being able to use my widescreen, but after a few weeks that bug was
fixed too. Then there was the wireless networking that came unexpected
over apt-get one day, first the driver so that I could list the access
points etc. Then in the gutsy release version wireless worked perfectly.
Was amazed me the most was that setting up wireless in gutsy was MUCH
easier than it was in Vista (and this was a laptop with pre-installed
Vista!) because Vista had all these weird dialogs asking me if it was
WPA1 or 2 and whether is was AES and what keysize etc. In Ubuntu, I got
once such question (which was WPA or LEAP) and then everything else,
beyond the password to the accesspoint, was autodetected!

The only thing that doesn't work at this point is the sound card (I'm
one of the poor guys with a PCI ID "8086:284b" type of card) and I know
that some people talented people are working very hard to resolve that
problem. Oh, and my GMA Intel X3100 gfx card is blacklisted by Compiz
too but I just hack around that :-)

So, I too would like to thank all the devs that checked in code to any
of the projects that is aggregated and shipped on the Ubuntu platform!

		Martin