You devs rock. Thanks for your work.

Thomas Novin thnov at xyz.pp.se
Fri Oct 19 15:43:08 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-10-16 at 09:40 -0700, Dane Mutters wrote:
> So, the essence of what I'd like to say is that the Ubuntu devs (and
> those who contribute in any to the Ubuntu distro) are awesome and
> deserve a lot of respect.  You've done wonders for making this (IMHO)
> the best distribution out there.

I have to agree. I am absolutely amazed on how good Ubuntu is. I have
been using Linux since 1995 but never on the desktop side. I've tried a
couple of times but always reverted back to Windows. Last February I got
a new laptop at work and then I decided to try Feisty Fawn which IIRC
was a beta back then. I pretty soon also switched my home PC to Ubuntu
from Windows XP. I can't see that I ever will be switching back to
Windows again.

Now with Gutsy I'm more pleased than ever. I've been using it for maybe
two months now and I haven't really run into any serious trouble (except
when I tried to install it on my laptop which has a mobile ATI graphics
card).

The fast-user-switch-applet works really great. I couldn't imagine it
any better. Before it was a nuisance because we are two users on my home
PC and having to enter your password twice every time we switched got
very boring.

Big thanks to everyone who helped in the creation of this great OS!

Rgds

Thomas Novin