Bug: blurry menu icons with most of gnome-themes

Sebastien Bacher seb128 at ubuntu.com
Tue Oct 16 20:23:51 UTC 2007

Le mardi 16 octobre 2007 à 22:03 +0200, Milan a écrit :

> - "cosmetic" may be high priority if we consider that the proper sense
> of the word should be forbidden. The default theme has no problems, but
> gnome-themes are installed *by default* and is simple to use, so it's
> like it was default.  We should expect more than half the users use
> gnome-themes

There is very few bugs or comments about that for the moment though. The
issue is only cosmetic in the sense that's not a security issues or
doesn't impact on what you can do using the distribution

> the release will be: "Ubuntu is not able to guarantee a basic clean
> interface from a version to another." Whatever the new features can be
> in other domains.

The issue is not likely specific to Ubuntu and the upstream theme didn't
switch to 22x22 this cycle, is the issue new in gutsy?

> - why gnome-themes use 22x22 icons when Human uses 24x24? I can't find
> any reason to this, and I don't know whether it was the case in previous
> versions or whether it has changed.

The correct upstream format is 22x22, the Human theme could use some
work and should be update, the gtkrc has been updated with the 24x24
workaround but that's not the correct way