GIMP *final* release for Gutsy?

Sebastien Bacher seb128 at ubuntu.com
Fri Nov 9 17:03:31 UTC 2007

Le jeudi 08 novembre 2007 à 21:22 -0700, Scott (angrykeyboarder) a
écrit :

> Cool. Leave us with a *major* app (ordinarily in the main repository)
> for months without official support. Sounds like a good plan to me.

The package is support as any main package in Ubuntu, your statement is
just not correct. You can read
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates about stable updates, you
need a rational about the need, how it affects users and and how it'll
be worked. From the bug tracker bugs there is no indication that Ubuntu
users are having issues with the gutsy version which require the update.
If there is any fix which is required doing a stable update backport of
the patch is also an option there.

Sebastien Bacher