GIMP *final* release for Gutsy?

Scott (angrykeyboarder) geekboy at angrykeyboarder.com
Fri Nov 9 04:22:11 UTC 2007

Daniel T. Chen spake thusly:
> On Thu, 2007-11-08 at 19:26 -0500, Scott Kitterman wrote:
>> As a rule, developers aren't terribly impressed by version numbers.  What problem are you
>> having that you think this would fix and that is severe enough to warrant a stable release
>> update?
>
> Really seems like a gutsy-backports candidate, not a gutsy-updates one.

Cool. Leave us with a *major* app (ordinarily in the main repository)
for months without official support. Sounds like a good plan to me.

Here's hoping that next week, Hans (or is it Franz) Von Trapp of
Podunkund, Austria (with nothing better to do) finds a that "specially
crafted" .xcf opened in GIMP prior to version 2.4.1 file could wreak
havoc on a users home directory.

But I digress...

Even for backports, it has to be synced to Hardy first [1]....

That's been requested. It was once triaged and is now downgraded to
"wishlist".

And MDZ claims (to paraphrase) "it's soooo easy to get updated apps via
'official' channels". Why would anyone have to resort to unofficial
packages!"

Riiiiight...

[1]http://packages.ubuntu.com/hardy/graphics/gimp (retrieved 2007-11-09
at 04:26 UTC)