Transmission for default torrent client in Gutsy!

Alec Wright alecjw at gmail.com
Wed May 30 10:57:52 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-05-30 at 09:19 +0200, David Nielsen wrote:
> ons, 30 05 2007 kl. 07:36 +0200, skrev Ernst Persson:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I saw that the great and userfriendly BitTorrent client Transmission
> > finally found it's way into Gutsy.

> > This is exactly what Ubuntu needs in the default desktop. Install
> > Transmission 0.72 and see if you agree with me...
>
> Sadly lacks options to stop sharing when reaching preset level (such as
> 1:1) and selective downloading of content (say I only want one file in
> the torrent - Transmission requires me to download all of them).
>
> - David Nielsen
Deluge has these features, and its written in pyGTK, but it's not stable
yet.
Its only available in edgy backports and gutsy, does anyone know why?
http://packages.ubuntu.com/cgi-bin/search_packages.pl?searchon=names&version=all&exact=1&keywords=deluge-torrent

If you're using gutsy or edgy, thats quite simple then. If you're using
feisty and want to try it, here are the debs:
i386:
http://download.deluge-torrent.org/ubuntu/feisty/deluge-torrent_0.5.0-2zachtib1_i386.deb
AMD64:
http://download.deluge-torrent.org/ubuntu/feisty/deluge-torrent_0.5.0-2zachtib1_amd64.deb

You can also get the dsc for building with prevu here:
http://download.deluge-torrent.org/ubuntu/src/deluge-torrent_0.5.0-2zachtib1.dsc

I think that when it becomes stable, it could be a candidate for
ubuntu's default bittorrent client.
--
Alec Wright