Unified and global mapping of input device events to actions

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Tue May 22 13:25:43 BST 2007

Hi!

A while ago I explored the idea of configuring keyboard shortcuts, mouse actions
and similar on a system-wide level. For more consistency, far reaching customization,
to make alternative input devices available everywhere and possibly as accessibility
and localisation feature.

Interest so far hasn't been too great and this would require changes in several
places, so I froze my conceptual work on it. But now I think it could happen
if a distribution pushed it ... ;)

Please read more about it on:
http://thorwil.wordpress.com/2007/04/10/event-to-action-mapping-1/

(I was pointed here from the devel forum)

--
Thorsten Wilms

Thorwil's Design for Free Software:
http://thorwil.wordpress.com