Webmin replacement

Arwyn Hainsworth arwynh+ubuntu at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 21:04:54 UTC 2007

On 08/03/07, Florian Hackenberger <f.hackenberger at chello.at> wrote:
> On Wednesday 07 March 2007 15:24, Arwyn Hainsworth wrote:
> > Python would probably be better suited to the task and it's better
> > supported in Ubuntu anyway.
> > While I'm not really familiar with rPath AppliancePlatform, from a bit
> > of googling I gather it's just another web-based interface with
> > plugins. My goal was to create something that was specifically UI
> > independent.
> You should really take a look at puppet, it seems to provide all the basics.
>
> The project website is here: https://reductivelabs.com/cgi-bin/puppet.cgi/wiki
> And here is a howto for ubuntu:
> http://www.howtoforge.com/installing_puppet_on_ubuntu

I've looked at it and it is an interesting project. It is however
designed for something slightly different from what I want. That is to
say, while I could probably achieve what I want by using puppet,
writing a framework from scratch would probably result in a cleaner
and less hackish solution.

Awyn