vs. Backports...

Michael R. Head burner at
Sat Mar 3 18:16:44 UTC 2007

I just came across today. The goals appear to be similar
to those of the backports project (to provide the latest versions of
desktop apps for previously released versions of Ubuntu).

However, they also have a number of packages available that aren't in
either Debian or Ubuntu's universe (for example Referencer: ). I'm wondering if there's
some way to get a dialog started to make sure the work of the
folks gets integrated into the universe.

Here's the contact page for the project:

Just a user concerned about duplicate packaging work being done...

Michael R. Head <burner at>