Launchpad bug workflow change

Henrik Nilsen Omma henrik at ubuntu.com
Tue Jun 19 21:59:17 UTC 2007

Onno Benschop wrote:
> On 20/06/07 04:56, Henrik Nilsen Omma wrote:
>
>> What I did not mention in my first mail (just confirmed this with the LP
>> developer), is that the groups who can set the different states will now
>> also change.
>>
>> [..deleted..]
>>
>> A developer can:
>>
>>  * Move the bug from Triaged to ToDo or push it back to a previous category.
>>

> So, I'm a member of the general community. I have taken ownership of a
> bug, I'm working on it, and I cannot set it to ToDo, Triaged or In Progress?

When you say 'a member of the general community' do you mean not in
ubuntu-qa and not a developer (I ask because people from the volunteer
community are also in those groups)? If you are not  then it it's
correct that you cannot set those states. This change gives more
structure to the bug flow in that it will be more clear what is meant by
a given state.

> How do I manage the bugs I'm working on, and more importantly, how do I
> tell everyone else that I'm working on them?

If you are trying to reproduce it or asking for more information from
the submitter then this will be clear from the comments and you can set
it to Incomplete.

If you are not a developer then it is misleading to set it to In
Progress because nobody is actually working on the fix and it may never
be fixed.

Henrik