installing sources to make binaries out of it.

Michael Bienia michael at
Mon Jul 23 19:12:05 UTC 2007

On 2007-07-23 21:15:17 +0530, shirish wrote:
> Now obviously this is for debian, do we have something like that for
> ubuntu. There are packages which don't have binaries. For instance
> these games :-

Why do you have the impression that this package won't work on Ubuntu?

The binaries are sitting in the NEW queue and will be available once the
archive admins review them.

For both packages binaries are available now. As both packages are quite new
they were probably also stuck in the NEW queue.

> All of them don't have binaries just sources. If there is an easy way
> to install it or what?

The most common reasons why a source package has no binaries are:
 - it sits in the NEW queue
 - it fails to build from source (FTBFS)

In the first case be more patient and in the second case apt-src won't
help you much further as you will probably also run into the same
problem when building with apt-src.