Providing information about packages in security advisories

Krzysztof Lichota krzysiek at lichota.net
Thu Jan 25 09:21:48 UTC 2007

Would it be possible to include description of package (the same as in
APT) in security announcements (USN-xxx sent by e-mail)?
Sometimes package name is unknown and does not indicate if problem is
serious (and I should react quickly) or it is minor problem in package
which is not commonly used.
Especially it applies for libraries. For example, what is "libsoup" for?
Definitely not for making soup :)

	Krzysztof Lichota

PS. I know I can look up description in packages.ubuntu.com or in
Adept/Synaptic, but it is burdensome and not always possible (for
example if reading e-mails offline).