Feisty wireless issue noticed on a blog

Conrad Knauer atheoi at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 19:49:34 UTC 2007

http://useopensource.blogspot.com/2007/02/wpa-wireless-just-works-in-ubuntu-704.html

The review of wireless, especially WPA, in Herd 4 is glowing, but
there is one issue he mentions (I don't have a wireless connection, so
I'm just forwarding this along :)

"The network manager software is smart enough to remember all of your
network credentials, but it requires you to create a master password
to secure these passwords. So every time you reboot or come back from
hibernation, you have to log into Ubuntu AND log into the network
keyring. In my opinion, this is redundant and the network keyring
should see that you have already authenticated yourself."

He mentions that there is a work-around here:
http://johnny.chadda.se/2007/02/21/unlock-the-gnome-keyring-upon-login/

CK