Dealing with crash reports

Matthew Paul Thomas mpt at
Tue Feb 13 01:02:27 UTC 2007

On Feb 13, 2007, at 1:07 PM, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 13, 2007 at 12:55:20PM +1300, Matthew Paul Thomas wrote:
>> Which is one of the reasons Ubuntu, like other software projects,
>> should record crashes somewhere other than the bugtracker. (Sorry to
>> bang that drum again.;-)
> I'm not aware of anyone arguing against this idea; in fact, it has
> received substantial public support from a number of people (myself
> included), even before the client infrastructure existed, so there's
> no need to defend it any further.
> Instead, can you tell us about the progress of the server side
> implementation in Launchpad?

I'll gladly be corrected, but as far as I know no-one is working on the
server, and I doubt that Launchpad would be a good home for it anyway.
It may be better as a standalone system (like Mozilla uses) that is
designed to handle anonymous submissions, to allow deletions of old
records, and to have greater uptime thanks to fewer and quicker server

- --
Matthew Paul Thomas
Version: GnuPG v1.4.1 (Darwin)