New feature: easy codec installation, please test

Andreas Schildbach andreas at schildbach.de
Fri Feb 2 20:47:28 UTC 2007

Hi Sebastien,

> Feedback on that new feature is welcome, feel free to open bugs with the
> "easy-codec-installation tag or to reply that mail

Testing this with MP3 worked, although I had the option of two different
  packages dealing with MP3, which might confuse users.

However, clicking an ASF only opens Totem, but does not play the file
nor try to install any codecs, nor present an error message. Again, this
might confuse users (like me). I must say that I did not manage to play
this file under Dapper, which is why I was hoping for the new
auto-detection.

Anyway, great feature! But it should be disabled for ordinary users.

Regards,

Andreas