Bug 157909: Unbootable system, affects many, apparently ignored

Aaron C. de Bruyn ubuntu-devel-discuss at darkpixel.com
Wed Dec 26 01:49:08 UTC 2007

Thank you for replying Markus.

This is the first time I've heard the term AHCI.
I did some googling and read up on it.  From what I understand, AHCI is a mode you can set in the BIOS.
I dug through the system BIOS and the BIOS on both cards and found no such setting.
The cards are extremely cheap soft-RAID cards that I purchased simply so I could get 8 400GB SATA drives into my server case.

So to answer "What stops you from switching to AHCI?" I would have to say to things:
1. No clue how to enable AHCI
2. If it's a BIOS setting, it appears my cards don't support it.

-Aaron