Bug 157909: Unbootable system, affects many, apparently ignored

Markus Hitter mah at jump-ing.de
Wed Dec 26 00:36:24 UTC 2007

Am 25.12.2007 um 23:35 schrieb Aaron C. de Bruyn:

> Can anyone provide me with some guidance on how to resolve this
> issue?  Am I overblowing the issue since I am affected?

Just to understand the problem better:

Exposing SATA drives as IDE drives to the OS appears to be a
temporary solution until all SATA driver programmers ( Hello
Intel :-) ) have catched up and made an AHCI driver available. Ubuntu
runs in AHCI mode just fine, even on a board which lacks a proper
driver for Windows XP. AHCI is noticeable faster than IDE.

What stops you from switching to AHCI?

Markus

Dipl. Ing. Markus Hitter
http://www.jump-ing.de/