Hardy Alpha 1 released

Aaron Whitehouse lists at whitehouse.org.nz
Tue Dec 4 06:11:39 UTC 2007

>   The moral of my story?
>   If you don't have skills to compile drivers for yourself on daily basis and
> resolve all potentional unexpected problems, don't use distribution where
> everything doesn't work right from the start.

Given that I went to the trouble of reading this lengthy email, I
thought I would reply.

The reason that Alpha releases are made is so that the more competent
computer users can test that things work. If you report bugs, these
things get fixed.

I do not ever compile kernel modules. There have been occasions where
hardware that used to work correctly stops working. I report these
early in the release cycle (often marked [Regression]) and the
problems are nearly always fixed by release time.

Aaron

--
FSF Associate Member: 5632
http://www.fsf.org