Clarification over Alpha 1 and dual monitors

Christopher Halse Rogers chalserogers at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 00:14:13 UTC 2007

On 12/3/07, Onkar Shinde <onkarshinde at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 3, 2007 3:38 AM, Sidarth Dasari <sidster802 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Does Alpha 1 have support for Dual monitors?
> > I noticed there was no xorg.conf so I was wondering how to configure it.
>
> Isn't Xorg 7.3 supposed to support hot plugging of monitors?

Indeed it does.  Running "xrandr --auto" would be a good start, as
long as you're using one of {ati, intel}.  The nouveau driver for
nVidia cards may work, too, but you obviously aren't using that.

As for the original question: you can create an xorg.conf & X will use
it.  You could also try the System->Administration->Screens & Graphics
program, which should set it up for you.  File bugs if it doesn't work
:).