texlive

Matt Zimmerman mdz at ubuntu.com
Wed Apr 25 16:56:50 UTC 2007

On Fri, Apr 20, 2007 at 10:39:06PM -0700, Jordan Mantha wrote:
> <snip>
> > > 3. Transitions. I think gutsy will mostly likely see a tetex -> texlive
> > > 2007 transition although I haven't seen any specs are talk about that.
> > > Maybe a good topic of discussion?
> >
> > Debian/sid has already transitioned, so won't gutsy automatically pick
> > this up unless otherwise prevented?
> >

> Well, the issue is more replacing tetex with texlive in Main. Currently
> texlive is in Universe and tetex in Main. We'd need to coordinate with
> core-devs and do Main Inclusion Reports. I wonder if we need a spec for
> this? Perhaps Matt Zimmerman or Martin Pitt could give us some guidence
> here.

A main inclusion report should be sufficient; if Debian has made the package
dependency transition then that should be pulled in during the merge.  The
remaining work (looking after it in Ubuntu, pulling in any additional Debian
changes, responding to bugs) sounds like a job for the TeX team you just
created.

--
 - mdz