Desktop Icon Preference - Release 0.1 (only for Gnome)
Chakkaradeep C C
chaks.yoper at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 02:58:11 UTC 2007
Please refer this thread <http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=421266>
This application helps every newbie (and everybody) in showing and hiding
the gnome desktop icons namely,
This is the first release. I have attached the files.The steps are as
- tar xjvf dic-0.1.tar.bz2
- cd dic-0.1
- sudo ./install (to install the application)
- sudo ./un-install (to uninstall the application)
- Go to menu System-->Preferences-->Desktop Icon Preference
*Things To DO*
- Build a deb package (need help )
- Try to find ways to show/hide specific volumes in the desktop
- Option to create new icons in the desktop (should we really need
- Try to merge with any existing gnome application
Any queries/bugs please post here in this thread. Soon, will create
launchpad and other entries.
You can download the application from the forums.
I would be happy to get some help in finding ways to hide/show specific
volumes visible in the desktop. I think it has to do something with the
nautilus,hal and gnome-mount, but not sure how to tackle it.
"Sometimes it's better not to ask - or to listen - when people tell you
something can't be done. I didnt ask for permission or approval. I just went
ahead and did it." - from "Direct from Dell"
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Ubuntu-devel-discuss