Desktop Icon Preference - Release 0.1 (only for Gnome)

Chakkaradeep C C chaks.yoper at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 02:58:11 UTC 2007

Please refer this thread <http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=421266>

This application helps every newbie (and everybody) in showing and hiding
the gnome desktop icons namely,

1) Computer
2) Network
3) Documents
5) Trash
6) Volumes

This is the first release. I have attached the files.The steps are as
follows,

   - tar xjvf dic-0.1.tar.bz2
   - cd dic-0.1
   - sudo ./install (to install the application)
   - sudo ./un-install (to uninstall the application)
   - Go to menu System-->Preferences-->Desktop Icon Preference

*Things To DO*

   - Build a deb package (need help )
   - Try to find ways to show/hide specific volumes in the desktop
   (sda1,sda2)
   - Option to create new icons in the desktop (should we really need
   this?)
   - Try to merge with any existing gnome application

Any queries/bugs please post here in this thread. Soon, will create
launchpad and other entries.

Thanks

You can download the application from the forums.

I would be happy to get some help in finding ways to hide/show specific
volumes visible in the desktop. I think it has to do something with the
nautilus,hal and gnome-mount, but not sure how to tackle it.

--
Regards,
C.C.Chakkaradeep,