Quantal Alpha 2 milestone release prep
kate.stewart at ubuntu.com
Mon Jun 25 21:33:13 UTC 2012
We'll be starting to spin the images for Quantal Alpha 2 tonight.
The experiment we used during Alpha 1 seems to have worked out fairly
well :), so we'll be continuing with it in Alpha 2 until better tooling
is available. For this milestone following rules will apply:
- If a package is needed to fix a bug that would block the
milestone, it should still be uploaded to quantal.
- If a package does not touch any of the images,
it can still be uploaded to quantal.
- All other uploads should be done to quantal-proposed first.
In particular, an upload that will increase the count of
uninstallable packages in main, even temporarily, MUST be
done to quantal-proposed instead of to quantal.
Affected uploads include:
- all shared library packages (due to multiarch)
- any uploads that will leave packages uninstallable on
one architecture while the autobuilders catch up
(due to out-of-sync Arch: all / Arch: any binary packages)
- any packages that introduce new versioned Conflicts/Breaks
and require coordination between multiple source packages
Auto syncs of packages from Debian Unstable have been stopped until we
If you have any questions about where you should upload, please ask on
Thank you for your help getting Alpha 2 ready to ship.
on behalf of the Ubuntu Release Team.
More information about the ubuntu-devel-announce