Minutes of the Technical Board meeting, 2012-02-20
martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Tue Feb 21 10:00:18 UTC 2012
Also available at
Chair: Martin Pitt
Attendees: Stephane Graber, Soren Hansen
Guests: Jono Bacon, Michael Hall, Allison Randal
Full log: http://ubottu.com/meetingology/logs/ubuntu-meeting/2012/ubuntu-meeting.2012-02-20-21.08.moin.txt
== Action review ==
* Kees to perform brainstorm review → dropped this cycle, next one will already be in March
* Laney and wendar to get trademark policy updated wrt remixes → done, see bug 933187 (website will be updated soon, already changed internally)
== Can an ARB exception be made allowing Scopes packages to depend on Lens packages in extras ==
* Lenses/scopes stretch the original idea of the Extras repository a bit, but the ARB considers them appropriate content.
* Introducing dependencies into extras will require the ARB to now perform dependency checks and makes it harder to remove software: they will need to remove reverse dependencies as well, introduce automatic reports for consistency checks, i. e. introduce the need for distro-like archive management.
* An alternative proposal was made to only use Recommends: and ensure that scope packages will behave gracefully if the corresponding lens disappears. This was deemed to be violating the spirit of the extras repository policy and a workaround.
* Resolution: Let the ARB decide if they are willing to do the extra work introduced by allowing this particular case of dependency. The TB will then decide about a proposed amendment to https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ExtensionRepositoryPolicy .
p.p. Ubuntu Technical Board
Martin Pitt | http://www.piware.de
Ubuntu Developer (www.ubuntu.com) | Debian Developer (www.debian.org)
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 836 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
More information about the ubuntu-devel-announce