Precise Feature Freeze - now in effect.

Kate Stewart kate.stewart at ubuntu.com
Fri Feb 17 01:36:31 UTC 2012

Hello Ubuntu Developers,

   2100 UTC has now passed and we are in Feature Freeze[1] for Precise.
Many thank yous to those developers who got their tested work in
on time!  The focus from here until release is on fixing bugs and
polishing.   Our next upcoming milestone release[2] is Beta 1 on
March 1st.

   Also, earlier today the decision was made that the default
ARM architecture for Ubuntu 12.04 will transition to be armhf.
The armel architecture will continue to exist but not be the defulat
supported architecture.  Image builds will be switched to armhf (except
for omap3 and ac100 armel community project builds, which will retain
compatibility with their respective binary drivers).  More information
about this transition will be available soon.

Thanks,
Kate Stewart
on behalf of the Ubuntu Release Team

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FeatureFreeze