Boot Speed Testing Results

Patrick Wright patrick.wright at canonical.com
Wed Dec 7 20:23:21 UTC 2011

Hello,
The Platform QA has started executing boot speed tests on the daily
ISOs.  We are currently using the bootchart package to collect the
boot speed results.  Those results can be reviewed from the Boot Speed
Report. [1] The results you see are still in progress, but its a good
idea of where we're heading.  The Dell and Samsung are the most
up-to-date.

Notes:
- Desktop i386 only (at the moment)
- Auto-login enabled
- Collect data only after second reboot to eliminate the first boot outliers

We will be completing the benchmark results for all systems from Lucid
to Precise Alpha 1.  In addition, QA will be adding more systems over
the next few months.

Enjoy!

Patrick Wright
QA