Archive frozen for preparation of Ubuntu 10.10

Robbie Williamson robbie at ubuntu.com
Thu Sep 16 18:48:19 BST 2010

We are two weeks out from the 10.10 release candidate and a little over
3 weeks from the final release, so as many of you have probably already
noticed, the archive is now frozen and will not thaw again before
release.

During the freeze, all uploads to main must be approved by a member of
the release team, so if you have fixes that are important to get in and
will need discussion, please do get in touch as soon as possible.
Uploads to main should at this point focus on release-critical bugs
only.

The list of release-critical bugs that we want to still try to resolve
before the release candidate on September 30 is tracked here:

  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/maverick/+bugs?field.milestone=27462

Additional bugs that are still considered "targets of opportunity" for
the release are found at:

  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/maverick/+bugs

If you have bugs which you believe should be listed there but aren't
yet, please get in touch with me, Kate, or another member of the release
team.

Robbie Williamson                                     robbie at ubuntu.com
Ubuntu                                         robbiew[irc.freenode.net]

"You can't be lucky all the time, but you can be smart everyday"
 -Mos Def

"Arrogance is thinking you are better than everyone else, while
Confidence is knowing no one else is better than you." -Me ;)