changing the python default from 2.6 to 2.7

Matthias Klose doko at ubuntu.com
Wed Dec 22 12:08:01 GMT 2010

2.7 is now the default python version in natty.  packages were rebuilt and
should be upgradable (except a handful, like ethos and xen-3.3).  "Upgradable"
doesn't mean that everything already works with 2.7, so please report issues and
tag these with `python27'.  The next step will be to identify all the packages
only depending on libpython2.6 or python2.6 (but not 2.7) and rebuild/upgrade
these to python2.7.

UPGRADE ISSUES:  When upgrading from Ubuntu 10.10 (maverick), please make sure
to upgrade to maverick-updates first, before upgrading to natty.  If you are
upgrading directly from maverick or from an earlier natty snapshot, and are
stuck, please see comment #5 in bug #689306 [1].

   Matthias

[1] https://launchpad.net/bugs/689306