Minutes from the Technical Board meeting, 2009-07-28

Matt Zimmerman mdz at ubuntu.com
Tue Jul 28 18:02:43 BST 2009

= Attendees =

 * Matt Zimmerman (chair)
 * Mark Shuttleworth
 * Colin Watson
 * Scott James Remnant

= Notes =

(copied from https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TechnicalBoard/TeamReports/09/July)

  * Review of outstanding actions
   + Action: Colin to set up interviews with developers regarding upload privilege reorganisation (for ArchiveReorganisation)
  * Technical Board nominations
   + Action: Matt to contact TB nominees to confirm they wish to stand
  * Developer Membership Board
   + The proposal has been well received by the Technical Board, Community Council and MOTU Council
   + Action: Scott to implement Developer Membership Board proposal (LP, mailing list, documentation, etc.)
   + Action: Jono to see that documentation is updated to reflect the Developer Membership Board
  * Patent policy
   + Voted to accept the draft patent policy as official
   + Action: Matt to communicate the new patent policy
  * Governance review
   + Reviewed Jono's recommendations from the most recent governance review (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TechnicalBoard/JauntyAssessment)
   + Action: Colin to update http://www.ubuntu.com/community/processes/techboard
   + Action: Jono to draft text to communicate the TB's willingness to review key topics submitted by the community
   + Action: Colin to discuss with Bdale (Debian technical committee chair) about having a Debian representative on the Ubuntu TB
  * Select a chair for the next meeting
   + Action: Colin to chair next TB meeting

 - mdz

More information about the ubuntu-devel-announce mailing list