SRU verifications needed

Jordan Mantha laserjock at ubuntu.com
Thu Aug 7 21:17:57 BST 2008

Hi all,

The number of stable release updates sitting in -proposed is getting
larger [0]. Thank you to all of you who worked on getting SRU bug fixes
prepared and uploaded!

Packages in -proposed are ready to be moved to -updates after one week
in -proposed and 2 positive verifications (as comments in the bug
report) and no negatives. This means verification is often the
bottleneck and why we're asking for help. A short howto is:

1) read the SRU bug report and verify that you can reproduce the bug.
Many reports should have explicit test cases you can follow.
2) install the package(s) from -proposed
3) repeat step 1 and verify that the bug is fixed
4) add both positive and negative results on the SRU bug report

If you have any questions on SRU verifications please ask in
#ubuntu-testing. Steve Beattie (sbeattie) is our SRU rock star and would
love to help.

-Jordan Mantha (on behalf of the Ubuntu QA team)

[0] http://people.ubuntu.com/~ubuntu-archive/pending-sru.html