Application for ~ubuntu-desktop membership

Ken VanDine ken.vandine at canonical.com
Thu Nov 2 07:01:44 UTC 2023

This is a big +1 from me, Amin has been doing a great job looking
after firefox.  I haven't sponsored any of his deb packaging work, but
his snap work has been excellent!  I have been impressed with Amin's
methodical approach to the snap maintenance and his ability to keep up
with the aggressive Firefox release schedule without sacrificing
quality.

Cheers,
Ken

On Thu, Nov 2, 2023 at 8:31 AM Amin Bandali <bandali at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to be considered for membership in the ubuntu-desktop team.
>
> I've been part of Canonical's Desktop team for about a year now, where
> I've been the primary maintainer of Ubuntu's Firefox deb and snap
> packages.  I became an Ubuntu Contributing Developer earlier this year
> and have been helping out with some other aspects of Ubuntu Desktop as
> well, namely helping with maintenance of various GNOME applications
> and libraries in Ubuntu's desktop set in both Ubuntu and Debian as a
> member of the Debian GNOME team, with uploads kindly sponsored by
> jbicha and seb128.  Jeremy has entrusted me with upload rights for
> several of these packages in Debian as a Debian Maintainer, and my
> application for Debian Developer is also almost complete, pending
> review and approval from Debian's Front Desk team.
>
> I'd like to especially thank Jeremy and Seb for patiently reviewing
> and answering my various questions and helping me learn so much, and
> sponsoring uploads for me in the past year.  Being able to upload
> ubuntu-desktop packages myself would hopefully help lessen the burden
> of me regularly nagging these kind folks to sponsor my uploads, though
> I'm sure I'd still ping them often with questions or for reviews. :-)
>
> Thanks in advance for considering me.
>
> Cheers,
> -amin

Ubuntu - "I am what I am because of who we all are"