Weekly newsletter 15th September 2017

Will Cooke will.cooke at canonical.com
Fri Sep 15 18:20:14 UTC 2017

Hi all,

Here's this week's update:

GNOME
This week saw the release of GNOME 3.26, and we’re ready to ship it in
17.10.  This will bring new versions of the core applications and new
features as described in the GNOME release notes.
https://help.gnome.org/misc/release-notes/3.26/
If you’ve been running 17.10 for a while you will have already been using
3.25, the development branch of 3.26, and so you will have already be
familiar with 3.26

We’ve also been working on adding support for progress bars and urgent
notifications to the Dash to Dock extension and we ported Dash to Dock
settings to the new Control Center layout for 3.26
We’ve been working with the GNOME community on documentation to help people
transitioning from Unity to GNOME and we tracked down and fixed a GDM but
which was selecting the wrong session at login.  Patches are upstream.

Snap
Our patches to add PolicyKit support have been cherry picked for snapd
2.28.  This will allow you to install Snaps without having to login to
Ubuntu One.
We have built new Snaps for gnome-characters and gnome-logs.

Updates
Chromium 61.0.3163.79 got promoted to stable channel and will be tested
published soon.
Chromium dev channel is updated to 62.0.3202.9.

Cheers, Will