will Ubuntu switch to GNOME Online Accounts?

Adam Dingle adam at medovina.org
Tue May 16 13:54:44 UTC 2017

On Mon, May 15, 2017 at 9:56 AM, Khurshid Alam
<khurshid.alam at linuxmail.org> wrote:
> On Mon, May 15, 2017 at 4:53 PM, Adam Dingle <adam at medovina.org>
> wrote:
>> My immediate concern is that gnome-calendar is installed by default
>> in Zesty but is semi-broken: I'm unable to add a Google calendar to
>> it, as described at
>>
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-calendar/+bug/1551769
>

> @Adam
>
> For UOA, you need to grant permission twice (one for uoa and one for
> evolution). Open evolution after adding the account in UOA and you
> will see a inforbar asking permission for evolution. Grant permission
> and Then restart. Don not use two-factor authentication. Make sure
> you have calendar service enabled from UOA.
>
> Also, You can add calendar directly from evolution-3.22, without
> using GOA-gui or UOA at all. It will appear in gnome calendar.
> Although there are certain bugs as Ubuntu uses older version eds
> (3.22) with newer version of calendar (3.24)
>
> My problem with GOA is that, If I add a google account directly from
> evolution it is supposed to show up in GOA (or even UOA), But it
> doesn't. However account gets added alright and everything works.

Khurshid, thanks for the tips.  I added my Google account in UOA, then
started Evolution and added it there as well, and now it shows up in
gnome-calendar.  Still, this is a bug because gnome-calendar should be
able to see this account even if Evolution isn't installed.  I'll file
a Launchpad bug as Sebastien suggested.

adam