will Ubuntu switch to GNOME Online Accounts?

Khurshid Alam khurshid.alam at linuxmail.org
Mon May 15 13:56:28 UTC 2017

On Mon, May 15, 2017 at 4:53 PM, Adam Dingle <adam at medovina.org> wrote:
> My immediate concern is that gnome-calendar is installed by default
> in Zesty but is semi-broken: I'm unable to add a Google calendar to
> it, as described at
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-calendar/+bug/1551769

@Adam

For UOA, you need to grant permission twice (one for uoa and one for
evolution). Open evolution after adding the account in UOA and you will
see a inforbar asking permission for evolution. Grant permission and
Then restart. Don not use two-factor authentication. Make sure you have
calendar service enabled from UOA.

Also, You can add calendar directly from evolution-3.22, without using
GOA-gui or UOA at all. It will appear in gnome calendar. Although there
are certain bugs as Ubuntu uses older version eds (3.22) with newer
version of calendar (3.24)

My problem with GOA is that, If I add a google account directly from
evolution it is supposed to show up in GOA (or even UOA), But it
doesn't. However account gets added alright and everything works.