Default App: GNOME Clocks

Sebastien Bacher seb128 at ubuntu.com
Tue Aug 8 07:24:42 UTC 2017

Hey again there,

Le 08/08/2017 à 06:20, Robert Ancell a écrit :
> Based on verbal discussions most people seem keen for it to be shipped
> by default, with a blocking issue being the alarms being unreliable if
> that app closes:

My understanding is not that they are unreliable but not working at all
if the application is closed since there is no background service.

I'm a bit unsure about this one since it's needed to be able to add
different timezones to be displayed in the clock indicator, which is a
nice feature and that we had out of the box in unity, but at the same
time it feels wrong providing an application were a core/important
feature is not working (if you provide alarm/reminders to users they
might rely on those and it's quite a let down if it's not working).

Iain said at GUADEC that it sounded like a job for making use of systemd
and that he would be interested maybe to have a look.

In any case I would say +1 if we fix or remove the non working features
but -1 otherwise.

Cheers,

Sebastien Bacher