Ubuntu Desktop default apps Wiki page

Paul Smith paul at mad-scientist.net
Tue Aug 8 05:15:43 UTC 2017

On Tue, 2017-08-08 at 04:02 +0000, Robert Ancell wrote:
> I've tried to summarise the status quo - feedback / changes welcome!

I didn't understand the gnome-boxes / Remmina comments on the wiki page.

In the "Core Apps" section gnome-boxes is not included and it is not
marked "Proposed for inclusion" but it does say "Replaces/will replace
functionality in Remmina".

Then in the "Other Default" section, Remmina is marked "Proposed for
removal" saying it will be replaced by gnome-boxes.

So I don't quite understand the state of these two.  Should "gnome-
boxes" be marked as "Proposed for inclusion"?  Or are you proposing no
remote desktop app installed in the base system?  I think that would be
unfortunate as I think it's something people would expect to find these
days, if it can be made to fit.

Finally, as far as I can tell gnome-boxes doesn't support RDP (Windows
Remote Desktop Protocol).  If true this means it's not useful to me as a
replacement for Remmina.