Switching from Unity 7 to GNOME

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmail.com
Sun Apr 30 23:30:21 UTC 2017

On 04/30/2017 05:56 PM, Alexander Langanke wrote:
> I had a very similar problem initially. Unity 7 looked strange after
> installing gnome shell. Logging into gnome or gnome on Wayland worked
> well except for the scaling issue you mentioned. Gnome tweak tool has a
> scaling slider which works solves that problem when set to a factor of
> 2.

Thank you very much. Now I can adjust my text size inside GNOME easily.
There are also other interesting things to adjust.

Problem is that most users do not know about the Tweak Tool. Would be
great to offer the text size adjustment also in the GNOME System
Settings/Control Center so that HiDPI users and visually impaired users
find this easily.

Also great would be a general zoom for each display in the manager for
multiple display arrangement, as we had it in Unity 7.

    Till