Switching from Unity 7 to GNOME

Alexander Langanke alexlanganke at googlemail.com
Sun Apr 30 20:56:39 UTC 2017

I had a very similar problem initially. Unity 7 looked strange after
installing gnome shell. Logging into gnome or gnome on Wayland worked well
except for the scaling issue you mentioned. Gnome tweak tool has a scaling
slider which works solves that problem when set to a factor of 2. I am on a
QHD Dell XPS 13 "project Sputnik" machine.

Hope that helps.

Alex