Proposal: (No?) email client for Ubuntu 17.10

Sebastien Bacher seb128 at ubuntu.com
Wed Apr 19 14:08:33 UTC 2017

Hey Jeremy,

Le 18/04/2017 à 22:07, Jeremy Bicha a écrit :
> Should we even install an email client by default? The question is not
> whether it's useful, but whether it's useful enough to enough people
> to justify it being installed for everyone.

I think there is value in having pre-installed solutions for things most
users have a need for so I would vote in favor of keeping an email
client on the iso, especially that disk space is not so much of an issue
nowadays.

On whether we should use thunderbird or evolution I would be careful to
not try to do more than we can this cycle, changing our softwares
selection is likely to involve extra work.

I would suggest that we first handle the desktop change while keeping
our current applications set and see how things go, if we manage to go
over most of that work by mid-cycle and see that we have enough
resources to handle other things then we can have a look at extra changes...

Cheers,

Sebastien Bacher